Thursday, April 17, 2008

Show me a garden that's bursting into life

It's spring cleaning in the garden - time to bust out some Lady Tools and get the beds ready for planting. Look what was hiding under all those leaves:

The hostas look like asparagus right now, and I wonder why they are purple?


Coreopsis, my favorite, looking unusually tidy.


Salvia, peeking through the daffodils.

All my bulbs were planted in 2006. I didn't think they would flower again this year but here they come.

This viola was a surprise - I assumed they were annuals but apparently I was mistaken. So pretty and dainty.

Everything's coming up roses, even the roses. Both Distant Drums and Honeysweet are flush with new growth, bright red bursts of color exploding from the stems. Even the minature rose is coming back, after spending the winter in a box in the garage.

Otis, on patrol.

No comments: