The quilt instructions advise turning the blocks all different ways to give the quilt a "scrappy" look. I tried that, but prefer having all the blocks lined up.
It's almost finished - now I just have to:
- sew blocks in each row together
- sew rows 1 and 2, and 3 and 4 together
- sew rows 1/2 to rows 3/4
- cut and sew inner border (pink with white polka dots)
- cut and sew outer border (white floral)
- cut fabric for binding (not sure which fabric)
- order fabric for backing
- buy batting
- take front, back, and batting to Virginia (friend from work who knows someone who can do the quilting and possibly the binding)
- wash and dry
- nap with finished quilt!
Okay, so maybe I'm not almost finished after all.